Thursday, May 8, 2008

Brownie's Vintage

If you're hunting for that perfect vintage rocker tee in mint condition or something a little quirky that highlights your unique personality, check out Brownie's Vintage. Right next door to Indie Industries (and co-host to Friday night's art show) Brownie's is petite but has a really nice selection of vintage pieces and accessories. They have some great vintage dresses in styles that you don't often see at other vintage stores, like a really weird but amazing blue and white striped romper (is that what you call a jumper, but with shorts?)


 
But the real focus of the shop (and their online store) are their t-shirts and pieces by independent artists. With a selection of over 25 indie designers (such as Aprikot, Killer Tees, and Taylor-Made Clothes) you know you're shopping local when you walk into Brownies.




 They have some really great and funny tees that you're not going to see in every other t-shirt boutique. And their selection of vintage tees is awesome. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I almost squealed with delight when I saw the Genesis shirt on their online site. (I swear I don't listen anymore, but I was a huge! fan in the mid 90's). 




Fortunately it was a men's shirt which saved me the embarresment of having to buy it and wear it everyday. I'll just have to stick with power ballads.




And don't forget to RSVP to Brownie's Spring Tea Party on May 18th. I think they still have a few spots left on the guest list. Don't miss out!




Find great shirts at:
2001 Milvia St.
Berkeley
(510) 548-5955

No comments: