Monday, June 9, 2008

A bag match made in heaven

Let me preface this post with the confession that I have a little bit of a love-hate relationship with bags. No matter how hard I search I can never find something just right. Either it's too big and I feel like a grandma, or it's too small and I can't fit all my crap in it. And I have this thing about matching bags to my outfits, but I'm not willing to buy a zillion different purses to make sure I match. And so if I get a black bag, I can't wear it with brown, and if I get brown, ditto.


Okay, I'm a little neurotic. And needless to say it's not everyday that I find a bag to suit my neurosis. But all of that ended the minute I walked into Magnet on San Pablo Ave a little while ago and fell in love. Completely. The kind of love that only happens once in a lifetime. So, without further ado, please meet my soul mate in a bag designer - Rachel Nasvik- and, in particular, the Phoebe bag.



In a beautiful buttery leather in a sexy medium gray, this bag goes with everything. It's structured without being too bland or mannish, roomy without being enormous, and it just has a lot of class. And did we mention it has a removable strap to go from handbag to shoulder bag? The perfect tote for my daily BART ride.


But the wonder does not end with the Phoebe. Highly influenced by 70's style, All R.N.'s bags have a vintage elegance with a modern sensibility that makes them timeless and practical.

(The Penelope)

And since they are designed and made completely by hand in New York City from beautiful Italian leather, these are also bags you can feel good about buying.

(The Eleanor)


(The Bianca)


Find it at:
Magnet Boutique
2508 San Pablo Ave
Berkeley
(510) 848- 1966

No comments: